What Defines a Hero?29 Agustus 2010 pukul 18:00 | Ditulis dalam Nggombal..!!!, Sharing, Yeah. I'm Geek. So?? | 2 Komentar
What is a hero? Did you ever think about this question? Try to answer it with the most reasonable way, google it. In the first line, you will get this answer :
a man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength
With this definition, we can list our hero here :
- Superman, who has exceptional strength. Also on this list is all of demigod in Greek mythology who got his strength from his father sins. And there is some freaky student who got bite by a spider, some human who got mutated DNA and a losing-mind green creature.
- A fire fighter, with his exceptional courage, save a life from a burning house. Maybe sometimes, he got a side job to save a puppy that got trapped on a tree.
- A soldier who go to the war for his country, including Rambo, a man who screw a country by his self.
Is that all?? Is it all the hero that we’ve?? Or we can add some people more to our list?? Lets try. I’m listed some people and their action below, and try to define your hero :
- Diego Milito. Score 2 goals on the 2010 Champions League Final against Barcelona. With his two goals, Internazionale got their first Champions League title in 40 years. And then, he fail to score a penalty against Atletico Madrid in European Super Cup in the same years.
- A vocalist of a famous band. As a leader for his band, he create many songs to attract many fans. He is cute and good looking. He has a good shaped body and slept with at least 3 women that are not his wife.
Maybe some of you think that both of them are heroes. So do some teenager. For some people, a hero is someone who famous and good looking, or someone who score a goals in a final match. They give some entertainment and got a huge media attention. A hero is a someone who do a big move and make a changing all around the society. And unfortunately, many people idolizing this type of hero and give their life to be like them, or at least watching every move and every minute of their life.
Then how about some people there who teach our children about A B C. Or a woman who risk her life to give a birth to some baby and then give all she have to keep the baby happy. Don’t a man that every day drive you from your house to your office safely deserve to called a hero?? Do they who share a time with you to listen your story when your heart break not deserve to get this honour? How about someone who call you in the morning just to make sure you’ve wake up??
Lets rethink our definition about a hero. A man (or a woman, or even anything) that give their best to help someone else, that change a life and give positive affect, purely and conditionally even doing this is using their resource or putting themselves in a risk. Maybe sometimes they give their help even you don’t ask it, even you don’t want it, or even you don’t know it, but you need it and that is what you deserve. That’s what I call a hero.
Really, they don’t expect anything from you as a reward, not a single thank. They just want to see you smile and you live your life better than before. Just make sure that they do not have to save you twice from the same hole. Really.